dr_robchase: (I doubt that)
Dr. Rob Chase ([personal profile] dr_robchase) wrote2010-12-28 05:12 pm
Entry tags:

[For the Doctor]

As far as Chase was concerned, there was patience and then there came a point when you weren't being patient anymore -- you were just being silly. He was still letting weeks go by with the Doctor, expecting that any day (any shift), a thesis was going to wind up on his desk so that he could present it to the current group at the Office as well as the Council.

And it still didn't come.

Which meant that patience was fast fading and now he was starting to worry that it was never going to happen. So, instead of just avoiding the subject like he might have done, he was waiting in the living room for the Doctor to return.

And he had the partial work in hand.

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-29 01:18 pm (UTC)(link)
The Doctor was whistling as he stomped the snow off his boots. He'd run into a herd of tiny reindeer on the way home, and that was enough to make anyone cheerful. That is, until said person saw his husband's expression, which was hardly as pleasant as terribly cute reindeer eating carrots from your mittened hand.

"Hi," he said simply, waiting for Chase to drop the bomb.

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-30 09:58 am (UTC)(link)
The Doctor raised both eyebrows, inhaling, then exhaling. "I'll finish my work," he said, aware that he'd been saying the same thing for the better portion of a year, if not longer. He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Seriously."

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-30 11:04 pm (UTC)(link)
"I know why I want it done," said the Doctor, sitting down across from Chase...well, more like sinking into the chair across from him. "Why do you, if it's not the potential boss 'going to kill you' kind of thing?"

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-30 11:18 pm (UTC)(link)
"I'd like to think I'd left a mark." The Doctor sunk his head down into his palm, then heaved a long sigh. "Look, I just...I don't know how to end it. It's like it's a story without an end, none of us quite merging into human life entirely."

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-30 11:22 pm (UTC)(link)
The Doctor rubbed his forehead, then pinched the bridge of his nose. "I realise that, it just feels like a pass/fail issue," he admitted. "It just feels like once I'm done, I'll be too..."

Too grown up, for a start.

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-31 10:36 am (UTC)(link)
"Erm," said the Doctor, and ran his hands through his hair. "Mature," he finished, looking a bit shifty.

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-31 09:15 pm (UTC)(link)
"Oh, come on, Rob, I'm definitely not one of the Lost Boys," the Doctor retorted. "If anything, I'm Peter himself." Though the one that had been on the island might not have agreed with him, per se.

"Then I'll have A Job. You know when the last time was that I had a 'real job'?"

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2010-12-31 11:49 pm (UTC)(link)
"Hundreds in my life, millennia of absolute time," the Doctor retorted, but then his face grew a bit more sober, and a bit more lost. "I...I've not had a credential, Rob."

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2011-01-01 12:19 am (UTC)(link)
"No, I can't not finish," said the Doctor, who was almost offended by the suggestion. "That's just terrible, there's no bloody way. No, I swear, I'll sort it, love. It's just a mental hurdle is all."

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2011-01-01 12:56 am (UTC)(link)
"I know," the Doctor said, not processing what Chase said for a full few seconds as he was still caught up in the idea of 'not finishing'. Then he essentially gawped at him for a moment. "Oh," he said, then cleared his throat. "Erm...oh. You cheeky little..."

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2011-01-02 08:52 pm (UTC)(link)
The Doctor looked over at him, grinning slowly but steadily by the moment. "It has, hasn't it?" he said, eventually getting up from where he was sitting, then perching where he could lean over Chase and look him in the eye from above.

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2011-01-02 09:42 pm (UTC)(link)
Leaning over further, the Doctor kissed him slowly, just for a moment, before pulling back a few centimetres to grin at him. "So we have some time, then, without the parenting thing?"

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com 2011-01-02 10:26 pm (UTC)(link)
Laughing, the Doctor complied, enjoying the shirt grab most of all. "Not even going to move this upstairs?" he asked, hands sliding up under Chase's own shirt to get it loose, potentially off as soon as he could do so.

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-02 23:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-03 10:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-04 11:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-05 13:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-06 14:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-07 13:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-08 11:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-09 13:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-11 11:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-12 21:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-13 10:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-14 20:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-17 10:09 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-17 22:17 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-20 10:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-22 11:14 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-22 21:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-23 11:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[identity profile] sortofaman.livejournal.com - 2011-01-25 11:07 (UTC) - Expand